About the EPSCoR program
The National Science Foundation’s Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) enhances research competitiveness of targeted jurisdictions (states, territories, commonwealth) by strengthening STEM capacity and capability.
EPSCoR envisions its jurisdictions as recognized contributors to the national and global STEM research enterprise.
- Catalyze research capability across and among jurisdictions;
- Establish STEM professional development pathways;
- Broaden participation of diverse groups/institutions in STEM;
- Effect engagement in STEM at national and global levels; and
- Impact jurisdictional economic development.
About EPSCoR Hawai’i
The University of Hawai’i System houses the EPSCoR leadership team for the state. This core team, with an extensive network of collaborating researchers, educators, community partners and industry stakeholders, has the following goals:
- Administer and nurture current and future ESPCoR funded programs
- Report to institutional, community state and national stakeholders on EPSCoR outcomes and impact in Hawai’i
- Foster sustaining infrastructure in critical areas such as cyberinfrastructure and innovation to maximize EPSCoR efficiency and impact
- Cultivate high impact, successful proposals
- Leverage EPSCoR investment that sustain and further the goals of EPSCoR scientists and