L. Stephen Lau Water Research Endowed Scholarship awarded in fall 2014University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Water Resources Research Center
Applications are now being accepted for the L. Stephen Lau Water Research Endowed Scholarship which will be awarded in fall 2014. The award amount is $1,500.
The scholarship was established with funds endowed to the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa by Dr. L. Stephen Lau and Mrs. Virginia May Lau of Honolulu. Dr. Lau is emeritus professor of Civil Engineering at UH Mānoa's College of Engineering and was director of the UH Mānoa Water Resources Research Center from 1971 to 1990.
The purpose of the scholarship is to further knowledge of Hawaiʻi's natural waters by providing financial assistance that may be used for anything related to costs of attendance or research.
- Part - or full-time UH system student
- Upper division undergraduate or
- Graduate student
- Any discipline related to water resources in the UH System pursuing a minimum 4-year academic degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduates or 3.5 for graduates
- An essay or a research proposal on any aspect of Hawaiʻi natural waters and how the applicant's research or area of study is related to it.
Applications are available at www.wrrc.hawaii.edu. Applicants must submit the application form, an essay or research proposal and evidence of eligibility for the scholarship to the Director, UH Mānoa Water Resources Research Center, 2540 Dole St., Holmes Hall 283, Honolulu HI 96822. Deadline for receipt of applications is March 7, 2014.
For more information, contact Barbara Guieb at (808) 956-7848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.