Systemwide Events Calendar
Spring / FallSeptember 30, 2013 - October 11, 2013
Manoa Campus, Art Building, Commons Gallery
Kalani Largusa, from Kapahi, Kaua‘i, was recently accepted into the graduate program at the Department of Art and Art History, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. He was educated in drawing and painting at the California College of Arts in Oakland and San Francisco and received his BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago last spring. His work centers on an exploration of painting processes, contemporary Pacific Islander and Asian identity, and Polynesian tattoo symbolism and methodology. Through layers and almost western comic book iconography, his work reveals a record of cultural themes and experiences. It ranges from sharp, stylized draftsmanship and mixed-media art journals to large abstract, often non-representational oil paintings.
Reception: Friday, October 4, 12:00–4:00 p.m.
Image: "Stacks1," 48" x 72", courtesy of Kalani Largusa
Admission is free. Parking fees may apply.
Art and Art History, Manoa Campus
Sharon Tasaka, 956-6888, email@example.com, http://www.hawaii.edu/art/exhibitions/commons_gallery/
|Sunday, October 6|
|3:00pm||Opening reception for Convergence: Glitch_Click_Thunk, Featuring Mark Amerika
Manoa Campus, Art Building, University of Hawai'i Art Gallery
|3:00pm||Trip Around the Island exhibit
Manoa Campus, Hamilton Library Bridge Gallery
|3:00pm||Intramural Sports - Basketball
Maui Campus, Baldwin High School Gymnasium
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- The Wonder of Learning: the Hundred Languages of Children Exhibit
- Waikiki Parc Features Nicole Naone
- Course Reserves Deadlines and Information
- SAPFB Spring 2014 Funding Cycle
- Red Hat System Administration I
- EWC Arts Exhibition: Bollywood & Beyond: Costume in Indian Film
- Kalaupapa -- A Source of Light, Constant and Never-Fading
- Spring / Fall
- Convergence: Glitch_Click_Thunk, Featuring Mark Amerika
- Trip Around the Island
- Big Love