Systemwide Events Calendar
Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of HawaiiMarch 17, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Manoa Campus, CLIC Lab, Hamilton Library
A traveling exhibit based on landscape designer Stephen Haus' popular book, "Gardens of Hawaii," is currently on view in Hamilton Library in the CLIC Lab area.
The panels include images of his botanically evocative prints from garden settings that Haus has designed, including gardens at Doris Duke's Shangri-La, Living on the Lanai, The Garden of Love (the Paul Mitchell estate in Lanikai), and The Sustainable Garden and The Gardens of Remembrance.
Haus is the founder of Haus Associates, a multi-award winning design/build firm with projects in all the Hawaiian islands, as well as resort work in the Bahamas, Jamaica and Indonesia. He received a degree in Fine Arts in Landscape Architecture from the Rhode Island School of Design. He has also received The Rome Prize in Landscape Architecture and was a Henry Luce Scholar in Kyoto, Japan.
Based in Hawaii since 1982, Haus is currently involved in the creation of the new Garden of Remembrance at Lyon Arboretum. At the center of the planned garden is an overflowing cast lava stone lotus fountain and a U-shaped enclosure of onyx panels cut in a "Tree of Life" motif and influenced by the artist Gustav Klimt and the Hawaiian "piko." Among those being honored there are gardener extraordinaire, May Moir and longtime Lyon Arboretum botanist, Ray Baker.
Photo: Garden of Remembrance at Lyon Arboretum (Photo credit: Chris McDonough)
Free & open to public during building hours
UHM Library Service, Manoa Campus
Teri Skillman, (808) 956-8688, email@example.com
|Monday, March 17|
|9:00am||Series II: Tips for Submitting a NIH R03
Manoa Campus, 701 Ilalo Street Conference Room 401, UHCC
|10:30am||Michele Nishiguchi, Finalist for Director, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology
|1:30pm||Fall 2014 in Paris, France Info Meeting
Manoa Campus, Moore 319
|2:30pm||Special Oceanography Seminar
Manoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building (MSB) 114
|3:00pm||Women's History Month at WCC
Windward Campus, Hale Akoakoa 105
|3:00pm||Joint Meteorology & JIMAR Seminar
Manoa Campus, IPRC Conference Room, POST 414
|4:30pm||Global Chef Program - Colombia
Manoa Campus, Multiple Locations (See Schedule)
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- "Intermediate Drawing & Painting" by Reem Bassous' students
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Ho`okele: Navigating the Forest
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780