The External Affairs and University Relations office offers promotional assistance for newsworthy events of the University of Hawaii campuses.
Once you have gathered all the necessary information about who, what, where, when and why, you can—
- List events on the UH Calendar
- Send information to UH System News
- Submit a news release for distribution to media
Important details to keep in mind
- Plan ahead! Lead times for publicity services vary widely, from two working days for clearing calendar listings to two weeks or more for news site or video story development.
- Public relations services and media mentions are not guaranteed, but are based on the timing and newsworthiness of your event or promotion.
- Strong visuals improve chances that a story will be used, so provide sharp, high quality photos or videos that tell or augment the story with strong, interesting and meaningful content.
- Read service guidelines and checklists carefully before you submit your request.