WHEREAS, a working relationship between the Senate and retired UH faculty would be advantageous for both; therefore be it
1. A retired faculty member be invited to meet regularly with each standing committee of the UHM Faculty Senate; and
2. The Board of the Faculty Retirees Association of UH Manoa will nominate retirees to serve in this function; the nominations must be approved by the Senate Executive Committee; and
3. These retired faculty members also attend and participate in meetings of the full Senate; and
4. These retired faculty members should also meet regularly as a group to discuss and make recommendations to the Senate on subjects proposed by senators or by group members; and
5. These retired faculty members are not regular members of the Senate and do not vote.