Approved by the Mānoa Faculty Senate on January 19, 2011
43 in support; 2 opposed; 2 abstentions.
PROPOSAL TO RESTORE FACULTY CONGRESS AND SENATE BYLAWS - SENATE TURNOVER
- ARTICLE VI. ELECTIONS, APPOINTMENTS, AND TERMS
- Section 2. Elections.
- b. Election of Senators.
- (2) Approximately one-half of the senators are to be elected each year.
- (page 13 of 17)
Two-thirds of senators' terms will end in 2011. In order to meet the "one-half" requirement, we propose that a quarter of them extend for an additional year.
To be eligible, a senator must be from a constituency with lopsided turnover:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
- Library Services
- Organized Research Units
- School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
If necessary, attendance will determine selection.