MOTION TO APPROVE PROPOSED MEMBERS FOR TASK FORCE ON ASSESSMENT
Approved by the Mānoa Faculty Senate on November 15, 2006
|Date||Document & Link||Committee|
|November 15, 2006||SEC|
Motion to Approve Proposed Members for Task Force on Assessment
- Tep Dobry (Assoc Specialist, Dean of Engineering Office)
- Donna Grace (Assoc Prof. Teacher Education)
- Joan Harms (Specialist in Rsch & Assessment, Office of Dean of Students)
- Randy Hensley (Lib Services)
- Tom Hilgers (Dir Manoa Writing Prog)
- John Norris (Second Language Studies)
- David Ross (Mathematics)
The Task Force will draft a charter for a Senate-authorized Council on Assessment, the responsibilities of which may include
(1) reviewing (advising? setting policy on?) departments' efforts to assess their programs,
(2) reviewing (advising? setting policy?) on the assessment of general education,
(3) supervising the implementation and evaluating the effectiveness of standardized instruments of assessment.
The Task Force will need to consider
• how the responsibilities for assessment are to be divided between faculty and administration,
• the administrative resources that must be available if a faculty body is to undertake its responsibilities,
• what constituencies need to be represented on this Council,
• how representatives will be chosen,
• framing a statement of faculty rights and responsibilities in the area of program assessment.
The Task Force will be asked to report to the Senate in January 2007.