For Fall semester admission: Jan. 15
For Spring semester admission: August 15.
These items must first be sent to the Graduate Division Office:
- Graduate Admissions Application Forms
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from all post-secondary education (As of 8/14, GRE scores are no longer required for applicants to Theatre programs.)
If you are an international applicant
, you must also send:
- Official TOEFL Scores
- Financial Information Form
Please check the Graduate Division website
for more information, deadlines, and updates.
Applicants for all graduate programs in Theatre must send the following items to the Graduate Chair, Lurana O'Malley
Office: KT 111
Phone: (808) 956-9609
- Theatre and Dance Graduate Express Form
- Graduate Assistantship (G.A.) Application Form (if applicable)
- Statement of Objectives
- 3 letters of recommendation
- (All candidates are required to send three letters of recommendation attesting to qualifications and ability to do graduate level work. Letters sent in support of applications for Graduate Assistantship or other financial aid may be counted toward this total.)
- Graduate Personal Evaluation Form
- Waivers of Access to Confidential Letters and Statements
- Tuition Waiver Application Form (if applicable)
NOTE: Certain programs have additional requirements, listed below. Some programs do not require any special materials, but reviews, videos or other supplementary materials may still be sent. All necessary forms can be found to the right.
- MA, Plan A A major paper.
- MFA, Acting Include a DVD or other electronic media containing examples of your work. Two 2-minute monologues, one comedic and one serious; one from classical material and one from a modern or contemporary play. Plays from which monologues are chosen should be from well-known and established playwrights.
- MFA, Asian Performance Include a DVD or other electronic media containing short examples of your work.
- MFA, Design Portfolio or appropriate supplementary materials (i.e., slides, photographs, videos).
- MFA, Directing Include a DVD or other electronic media containing short examples of your work.
- MFA, Playwriting A one-act play or other script.
- MFA, Youth Theatre Include a DVD or other electronic media containing short examples of your work.
- PhD A major paper plus a dissertation proposal of 4-6 pages, with a partial bibliography and a proposed title.