Information Technology Services (ITS) has set up a contract with InCommon, LLC to participate in the InCommon Certificate Program for the University of Hawaii (UH) System. Any UH Department in need of an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate using the hawaii.edu domain name may participate in this program. Comodo is the designated certification authority for these licenses.
$95.00 SSL Certificate (1 Yr)
NOTE: The prices above are for new or renewal certificates. Each certificate
is valid for 365 days after the issue date. You may purchase up to a maximum of
3 years for each SSL certificate. **Prices are subject to change without notice**
- Please complete the
InCommon Customer Information Sheet
[PDF Fillable Version:
Adobe Acrobat Reader]
- Payment: UH Interdepartmental Order, RCUH Purchase Orders and
UH Foundations PO/Reqs are accepted.
- Tax and shipping fees are NOT needed.
- Please use the address in Step #3 for the Vendor Address.
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS, NO CASH, AND NO CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED.
Please list the certificate information on your payment:
||InCommon SSL Certificate
Server: yourserversoftware (Apache, IIS, etc.)
Issue Date: MM/DD/YYYY
Duration: # year(s)
- Send the completed InCommon Customer Info Sheet and
Payment to the following address:
University of Hawaii - ITS
Attn: Site License Administrator
2565 McCarthy Mall, Keller Hall 109
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96822
- After ITS receives your order and processes your payment, the
Contact Person listed on the Info Sheet will receive an email message
confirming your request.
- Generate your
Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using the following example:
Note: InCommon/Comodo require that you create 2048-bit key pairs.
State or Province:
University of Hawaii|
Send the CSR to email@example.com.
- After ITS issues the SSL certificate, the Technical Contact listed on the Info Sheet will receive an email from the 'Certificate Services Manager'. This will provide the instructions to download your SSL certificate.
Instructions to install the certificate can be found at Comodo Support.
For any technical issues and troubleshooting, please contact Comodo directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (24x7)
- Web/Knowledge Base*: https://support.comodo.com/ (24x7)
- Phone: (888) 266-6361 / (703) 581-6361 (5:00AM–8:00PM EST, Mon-Fri)
*Note: you must register for your own account to take advantage of support.
Thawte SPKI Program
If you are currently using a Thawte SSL Cerificate and would like to switch to InCommon, please follow the ordering instructions above to purchase a new SSL Certificate. This should be issued 1-2 weeks prior to your current expiration date to ensure that there is no lapse in coverage.
If you prefer to renew with Thawte, please visit the
Thawte Certificate Program page for more information. Please note that ITS intends to relinquish this program back to Thawte Retail by July 1, 2014.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding InCommon, please call the
site license administrator at (808) 956-5783 or email the
ITS Site License Office at email@example.com