COMMITMENT TO HELP VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT
Sexual Assault, including date/acquaintance rape is a very serious crime and is a high priority of this Campus Security Department. If you feel you are the victim of a sexual assault on campus, the department will guarantee the following:
- We will meet with you privately, at a time and place of your choice to take your report.
- We cannot and will not notify your parents without your consent.
- Our officers will not prejudge you, and you will not be blamed for what occurred.
- We will treat you and your case with courtesy, sensitivity, dignity, understanding and professionalism.
- We will assist you in arranging for any necessary hospital treatment, or other medical needs. We will also assist in emergency housing if needed.
- If you would feel more comfortable talking with a friend or advocate of your choice present, we will do our best to accomodate your request.
- We recommend you allow us to contact the Honolulu Police Department, however, we will respect your decision whatever you elect to do.
- We will assist you in privately contacting SATC, Women's Center, counseling and other available services.
- We will continue to be available to answer your questions, to explain the system and process involved, and to be a listening ear if you wish.
- We will consider your case seriously, regardless of your gender or the gender or status of the suspect.
Please do not hesitate to call Campus Security at 956-6911 if you feel you have been a victim of sexual assault. We are here to help you any time of day or night.
Mālama Pono | We are dedicated to serving the university and its community with pride