UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- - 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 4.202 Board of Regents Policy 4.202
Regents Policy Chapter 4, Planning
Regents Policy RP 4.202, Strategic Planning
Effective Date: Oct. 18, 2002
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2017
To establish a strategic planning process to ensure that the university engages in appropriate long-range planning.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. The following policy establishes a strategic planning process to ensure that the university engages in appropriate long-range planning.
1. The board will periodically approve a long-range plan referred to as the strategic or master plan.
2. The strategic plan sets forth common system goals and planning principles and, as appropriate, system and unit-specific strategies to implement these goals. Together these articulate the priorities of the university for the planning period.
3. The president, in consultation with the board, is responsible for updating the strategic plan at appropriate intervals, but at least every ten (10) years. The process of updating the plan will include board input from the university’s internal and external communities.
B. The president or his/her designee shall report to the board at least annually on accomplishments in carrying out the strategies and achieving the goals of the plan.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no specific policy delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.