UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 112. Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
- 201. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Directive
- 203. Evaluation of Faculty and Administrative, Professional & Technical Employees.
- 208. Intra-System Faculty Exchange
- 210. Workplace Non-Violence
- 211. Military Leave
- 212. Executive/Managerial Classification and Compensation
- 213. Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Tenure Upon Initial Appointment
- 216. Classification and Compensation of Coaches
- 217. Hiring an Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) Employee
- 218. Post-Hire Adjustments for Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) Employees
- 220. Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
- 225. Faculty Sick Leave
- 230. University Housing Assistance Program
- 240. Graduate Assistant Sick and Bereavement Leave
- 780. Death of Student or Employee
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 9.208 Executive Policy 9.208
Intra-System Faculty Exchange
Executive Policy Chapter 9, Human Resources
Executive Policy EP 9.208, Intra-System Faculty Exchange
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: April 1987; October 2013
Responsible Office: Vice President for Administration, Office of Human Resources
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 9.201, Personnel Status
Review Date: August 2019
The University community supports an intra-system faculty exchange program among the University of Hawai‘i’s campuses as a means to contribute to both individual faculty growth and institutional development. The faculty exchange is intended to:
A. Provide opportunities in developing the academic and intellectual capabilities of our faculty;
B. Aid in the program growth and vitality of our staff and institution;
C. Afford academic experiences at different levels of the system for better understanding and articulation; and
D. Help expose students to different academic levels of experience and interest.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. No separate or additional monetary consideration or exchange will be involved between the campuses.
B. Individual faculty members are responsible for developing intra-campus agreements but must coordinate the details of workload assignment with their respective vice president/chancellor subject to conditions stipulated herein.
C. The vice presidents/chancellors, or their designees, of faculty members involved in an exchange agreement must mutually agree that the workload assigned to the exchange faculty on their respective campuses is satisfactory.
D. During the period of exchange, all normal and full salary payments, all privileges and benefits of faculty status such as credit towards sabbatical and merit step salary increases shall accrue to the faculty members involved.
E. The respective vice presidents/chancellors involved in a faculty exchange have the final authority to approve the agreement, specifying points covered above.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Board of Regents Policies, RP 9.218,
delegation of Personnel Actions delegates authority to the President to approve personnel actions not specifically retained by the Board.
V. Contact Information
Office of Human Resources
Telephone: (808) 956-8458
Office of the Vice President for Administration
Telephone: (808) 956-6405
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.