UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
8. Business and Finance
- 105. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Goods, Services, and Construction; Granting Concessions and Cooperative Agreements
- 107. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts Goods, Services, and Construction Less Than $25,000
- 108. Delegation of Authority to Develop Purchasing Card Program Policies and Procedures
- 110. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Ticket Sales for Non-University of Hawai‘i Athletic Events Using University Ticketing System
- 111. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Procuring Goods and Services and Entering into Athletic Contest and Revenue-Generating Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- 112. Delegation of Authority to Execute Revenue-Generating Corporate Sponsorship Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai'i at Hilo
- 200. Policy on Contracts and Signing Authority
- 201. Cash Management And Short-Term Investment of Operating Funds
- 204. University Audits
- 205. Indicia and Licensing Policy
- 207. Risk Management
- 208. Travel
- 209. Fund Raising
- 210. Systemwide Financial Reserves
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 8.204 Executive Policy 8.204
Executive Policy Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Executive Policy EP 8.204, University Audits
Effective Date: October 2014
Dates Amended: June 1980
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 2.202, Duties of the President
Review Date: August 2018
To establish a broad framework and guidance relating to University audits.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
It shall be the responsibility of the University management to establish and maintain effective internal financial controls and for the preparation of financial statements for the University. The Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer shall be responsible for providing leadership in the development of financial controls and financial statements.
Further the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer shall serve as the President’s designee to work with the Independent Audit Committee and the Internal Auditor in the planning and coordination of internal and external audits to include advising in collaboration with other Vice Presidents on the appointment of auditors in accordance with applicable procurement laws and regulations.
To support the efforts of the Independent Audit Committee of the Board of Regents as prescribed by Section 304A-321, Hawai‘i Revised Statutes to review external and internal audits of the University including any significant findings and recommendations of the external and internal auditors, the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer shall provide information, support, and shall liaise and coordinate follow-up with Vice-Presidents and Chancellors, or their designees, who shall be responsible for responding to and/or implementing remedies in their respective scopes of responsibility to the auditors' recommendations accepted by the University.
All costs that may be associated with an audit, as determined by the President or designee, shall be apportioned among audit examinees, who shall collaborate in timely funds transfers.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Delegates the implementation of this executive policy to the Vice Presidents and Chancellors referred to in the policy.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance at telephone number 956-8903
A. Hawai‘i Revised Statutes 304A-0321 http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol05_Ch0261-0319/HRS0304A/HRS_0304A-0321.htm
B. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
C. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.