UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
7. Student Affairs
- 101. Delegation of Authority
- 102. Delegation of Authority to Negotiate and Establish Housing Rate for Conference
- 201. National Student Exchange Program
- 202. Clinical Health and Mental Health Services
- 203. Procedures for Setting Student Housing Rates
- 205. Systemwide Student Disciplinary Sanctions
- 206. Procedure for Concurrent Registration
- 207. Systemwide Student Association
- 208. Systemwide Student Conduct Code
- 209. Student Participation Verification in Coursework
- 301. International Student Health Insurance
- 302. Preferred Name
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 7.207 Executive Policy 7.207
Systemwide Student Association
Executive Policy Chapter 7, Student Affairs
Executive Policy EP 7.207, Systemwide Student Association
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: December 23, 2013, May 2003
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 7.204, Regents’ Policy on System-wide Student Involvement
Review Date: August 2018
A. To establish and charter a system-wide student association that will facilitate communication of students among the campuses of the University of Hawai`i and between the University and its students through a consistent mechanism that promotes dialogue and collaborative problem solving among student leaders system-wide.
B. To encourage student leaders to “act as a system.”
C. To establish that the UH Student Caucus, as the system-wide student association, will be consulted by the University administration on all matters that impact any aspect of the educational experience of students on all UH campuses.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. Establishment. There is established the University of Hawai‘i Student Caucus, officially abbreviated UHSC, to advocate collectively and democratically for the interests and needs of all students throughout the University System with the Board, the University Administration, and other appropriate bodies.
B. Composition. The University of Hawai`i Student Caucus shall be composed of representatives from existing and future campus student governments.
C. Operating Policies & Procedures. The University of Hawai`i Student Caucus shall establish policies and procedures governing its operations, without regard to the requirements of Chapter 91 and Chapter 92, Hawaii Revised Statutes. These policies and procedures shall be in the form of a constitution and/or a set of operating rules, subject to the approval of the President or his/her designee.
D. Financial Support. The operation of the University of Hawai`i Student Caucus shall be financed through an adequate appropriation from the University Administration to cover reasonable operating costs. The University of Hawai`i Student Caucus shall submit an annual financial report of actual income and expenditures at such time and in such a manner as prescribed by EP 7.101.
E. Space for Operations. The University Administration shall designate a reasonable amount of space, facilities, and equipment for proper use by the University of Hawai`i Student Caucus. The location of such space and the availability of facilities and equipment shall be beneficial to the University of Hawai`i Student Caucus in fostering and supporting its system-wide purpose, goals, operations, and activities.
F. Advisor. The University Administration shall assign the System Senior Student Affairs Officer to serve as organizational advisor to the University of Hawai`i Student Caucus. It shall be the responsibility of the advisor to:
1. foster and promote student learning, student success, and student satisfaction with all members of UHSC;
2. develop students’ leadership skills, critical thinking skills, communication skills, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and interpersonal skills;
3. work with all members of UHSC to ensure that individuals are executing their duties and responsibilities as specified;
4. communicate the needs, goals, concerns, roles, and interests of both students and the University to each other; and
5. advocate on behalf of one to the other in the process of institutional governance.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Authority to approve constitution, operating rules, and annual budget delegated to System Senior Student Affairs officer.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Academic Planning and Policy
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Telephone: (808) 956-8753
A. RP 7.204, Regents’ Policy on System-wide Student Involvement
B. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
C. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.