UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- 201. Tuition Schedules
- 202. Tuition-Setting Procedures
- 203. Contracted and Telecommunication Course/Program Fees
- 204. Student Financial Assistance Program
- 205. Reimbursement of Tuition and Fees for Any Student who becomes Totally and Permanently Disabled or Recently Deceased or Deployed Active-Duty Military, Hawai‘i National Guard, and Reservists
- 206. State of Hawai‘i B Plus Scholarship Program
- 207. Authorized Dependents of Active Duty Military
- 208. Mandatory Student Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 6.207 Executive Policy 6.207
Authorized Dependents of Active Duty Military
Executive Policy Chapter 6, Tuition and Fees
Executive Policy EP 6.207, Authorized Dependents of Active Duty Military
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: March 2008 (est)
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 2.202, Duties of the President; RP 6.208 Board Exemptions to Non-Resident Tuition; and RP 6.210, Payment of Tuition, Fees & Charges
Review Date: August 2018
To establish and promulgate guidelines concerning the tuition status for current or continuing University of Hawaii students who have qualified for the Board of Regents non-resident tuition exemption as authorized dependents of active duty military personnel stationed in Hawaii when the military service member is transferred due to military orders.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. Continuing students who have qualified for the Board of Regents non-resident tuition exemption as authorized dependents of active-duty military personnel stationed in Hawaii will continue to be exempt from paying the non-resident tuition differential, should the military servicemember be transferred out of the State of Hawai'i due to military orders. This will be effective as of Fall 2008.
B. To receive this benefit, students must be continuously enrolled, unless given an
approved leave of absence.
C. Students will remain eligible for this benefit until completion of degree level or program level, as long as the military servicemember remains on active-duty status (see IIIE below).
D. Students must present military orders showing the servicemember's transfer out of state.
E. Students will no longer be eligible for this benefit at the time the active-duty military servicemember is discharged from the military.
F. Students may transfer or change home campuses within the University of Hawai'i system as long as they remain in the same degree level or program level
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Academic Planning and Policy
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Telephone: (808) 956-8753
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.