UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Current Policies
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
10. Land and Physical Facilities
- 101. Delegation of Authority to Develop Procedures Regarding the Use of University-Owned Facilities
- 102. Tobacco Products
- 103. Responsibilities for Oversight & Management of Capital Improvement & Repair & Maintenance Projects
- 104. Delegation of Authority to Administer Provisions of Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 20, Title 26, Public and Commercial Activities on Maunakea Lands
- 201. Use of University-Owned Facilities
- 202. Executive Policy EP 10.202 University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Stan Sheriff Center Use Policy
- 204. Public Private Partnerships
- 205. List of Actions Exempt from Filing of Environmental Impact Statement
- 206. Free Expression on University Campuses
- 401. Child Care Programs and the Use of Such Facilities
- 501. Parking and Operations of Motor Vehicles
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 10.401 Executive Policy 10.401
Child Care Programs and the Use of Such Facilities
Executive Policy Chapter 10, Land and Physical Facilities
Executive Policy EP 10.401, Child Care Programs and the Use of Such Facilities
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: July 2011 (est)
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 10.206, Child Care Programs
Review Date: August 2019
A. To provide policies and guidelines to govern child care programs offered by the University;
B. To embody former BOR Policy governing child care programs and the use of such facilities;
C. To maintain the policy based administrative infrastructure originally created by Board policy relating to child care programs; and
D. To transition the administrative infrastructure from Board policy to Executive policy as promulgated by the President.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. The President is delegated the authority to promulgate practices and procedures governing child care programs and the use of such facilities.
B. Child care programs may be established at the various campuses of the University of Hawai'i provided a need for such facilities is demonstrated.
C. University facilities may be used for child care programs provided they do not displace teaching and research activities.
D. Guidelines for operating such programs initially approved by the Board (04-24-1987, 03-20-1986, 01-16-1975) shall be developed and approved by the President as part of this Executive Policy and described in Attachment I at end of this policy.
IV. Delegation of Authority
A. Authority to execute intent and provisions of Board Policy embodied in RP 10.206, Child Care Programs is delegated to the President
B. Authority to oversee and manage the childcare programs and use of University facilities for such purposes is delegated to Chancellors, who may further delegate authority to campus senior student affairs officer.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Academic Planning and Policy
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Telephone: (808) 956-8753
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.