UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 112. Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
- 201. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Directive
- 203. Evaluation of Faculty and Administrative, Professional & Technical Employees.
- 208. Intra-System Faculty Exchange
- 209. Awarding of Emeritus/Emerita Title
- 210. Workplace Non-Violence
- 211. Military Leave
- 212. Executive/Managerial Classification and Compensation
- 213. Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Tenure Upon Initial Appointment
- 216. Classification and Compensation of Coaches
- 220. Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
- 225. Faculty Sick Leave
- 230. University Housing Assistance Program
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 9.220 Executive Policy 9.220
Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
Executive Policy Chapter 9, Human Resources
Executive Policy EP 9.220, Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: April 2012
Responsible Office: Vice President for Administration, Office of Human Resources
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 2.202, Duties of the President
Review Date: August 2019
This executive policy authorizes a Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards Program that will recognize employees for their loyal and dedicated service to the University of Hawai'i, State of Hawai'i, county governments of Hawai'i, and/or the judicial and legislative branches of the State government.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
This policy establishes and promulgates the following guidelines for campuses to implement the Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards Program:
A. Service Awards
Service awards shall be provided to eligible employees with 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years of service.
B. Retirement Awards
Retirement awards shall be granted to employees retiring with 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years of service.
C. Incentive Awards
Employees shall be recognized for achievements, innovations, accomplishments or other personal efforts, including contribution to the efficiency, economy or other improvement of government or University operations, or for performing exceptionally meritorious special acts or services in the public interest in connection with or related to their University employment.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Board of Regents Policies RP 9.218, Delegation of Personnel Actions delegates authority to the President to approve personnel actions not specifically retained by the Board.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Vice President for Administration Jan Gouveia
956-6405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.