UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 112. Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
- 201. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Directive
- 203. Evaluation of Faculty and Administrative, Professional & Technical Employees.
- 208. Intra-System Faculty Exchange
- 209. Awarding of Emeritus/Emerita Title
- 210. Workplace Non-Violence
- 211. Military Leave
- 212. Executive/Managerial Classification and Compensation
- 213. Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Tenure Upon Initial Appointment
- 216. Classification and Compensation of Coaches
- 220. Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
- 225. Faculty Sick Leave
- 230. University Housing Assistance Program
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 9.213 Executive Policy 9.213
Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
Executive Policy Chapter 9, Human Resources
Executive Policy EP 9.213, Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: January 2005
Responsible Office: Vice President for Administration, Office of Human Resources
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 2.202, Duties of the President
Review Date: August 2019
Good management practice encourages stakeholder participation in important decisions affecting the University.
The objective of this executive policy is to insure that, to the extent possible, all University stakeholders are represented on University committees involved in policy making and search committees for senior level managers and executives.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
To the extent that it is feasible, University search committees formed to screen candidates for Associate Dean positions and above, as well as committees established to recommend major policy changes at the Chancellors’ level and above, shall include representatives from the APT, faculty, civil service, student and management ranks where such groups are directly impacted by the
policy changes under consideration. Such representation on other committees is strongly encouraged. To the extent possible, individuals from areas which will be directly impacted by the recommendations of the committee should be appointed to serve on such committees.
The Chancellors shall have the responsibility of insuring compliance with this policy on their campuses. The Vice President for Administration shall insure compliance by system offices.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Vice President for Administration Jan Gouveia
956-6405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.