UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- 112. Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
- 201. Faculty and Staff Renewal and Vitality Directive
- 203. Evaluation of Faculty and Administrative, Professional & Technical Employees.
- 208. Intra-System Faculty Exchange
- 209. Awarding of Emeritus/Emerita Title
- 210. Workplace Non-Violence
- 211. Military Leave
- 212. Executive/Managerial Classification and Compensation
- 213. Stakeholder Representation on University Committees
- 214. Teaching Assignments for Instructional Faculty
- 215. Tenure Upon Initial Appointment
- 216. Classification and Compensation of Coaches
- 220. Service, Retirement and Incentive Awards
- 225. Faculty Sick Leave
- 230. University Housing Assistance Program
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 9.112 Executive Policy 9.112
Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
Executive Policy Chapter 9, Human Resources
Executive Policy EP 9.112, Delegation of Authority for Personnel Actions
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: March 2007; October 2013
Responsible Office: Vice President for Administration, Office of Human Resources
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 9.218, Delegation of Personnel Actions
Review Date: August 2019
To memorialize the delegation of authority by the President to Vice Presidents and Chancellors to approve personnel actions in accordance with established policies and administrative procedures except for those personnel actions reserved for approval by the Board of Regents or the President.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
On November 16, 2006, the Board of Regents delegated authority to approve all personnel actions to the President, except for those actions specifically retained by the Board as indicated in Attachment A. In the context of the Board delegation of authority, Vice Presidents and Chancellors are delegated authority to approve all personnel actions in accordance with established policies and administrative procedures except for those reserved for approval by the Board of Regents and the President as specified in Attachments A and B.
The Board subsequently approved revisions to its delegation regarding the appointment and compensation of coaches on February 18, 2010, and to the Board of Regents’ policies Chapter 9-12 on April 21, 2011.
This Executive Policy codifies the President’s delegations to approve personnel actions to Vice Presidents and Chancellors that were effective March 20, 2007 and incorporates subsequent revisions and refinements.
1. The delegations specified in Attachment B shall supersede all prior delegations and shall be limited to those personnel and positions reporting to Vice Presidents and Chancellors.
a. Any further delegations of authority by Vice Presidents and Chancellors shall be reported to the Vice President for Administration.
b. Personnel actions approved shall be in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
2. In the exercise of the authority delegated, Vice Presidents and Chancellors shall be responsible and held accountable for ensuring compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures including EEO/AA requirements.
3. Applicable policies and procedures are to be updated to reflect the delegations cited in Attachments A and B.
IV. Delegation of Authority
A. Delegation of personnel actions to the President as approved by the Board of Regents, November 16, 2006, and delegation for selected actions involving coaches to the Board Chair and Vice Chair effective February 18, 2010 (See Section 9-18, Attachment A)
B. Delegation of personnel action by the President to Vice Presidents and Chancellors, March 20, 2007 (See Attachment B)
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Vice President for Administration Jan Gouveia
956-6405 or email@example.com
Office of Human Resources
No policy specific references apply.
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.