UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
8. Business and Finance
- 105. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Goods, Services, and Construction; Granting Concessions and Cooperative Agreements
- 107. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts Goods, Services, and Construction Less Than $25,000
- 108. Delegation of Authority to Develop Purchasing Card Program Policies and Procedures
- 110. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Ticket Sales for Non-University of Hawai‘i Athletic Events Using University Ticketing System
- 111. Delegation of Authority to Execute Contracts for Procuring Goods and Services and Entering into Athletic Contest and Revenue-Generating Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- 112. Delegation of Authority to Execute Revenue-Generating Corporate Sponsorship Agreements for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Hawai'i at Hilo
- 200. Policy on Contracts and Signing Authority
- 201. Cash Management And Short-Term Investment of Operating Funds
- 204. University Audits
- 205. Indicia and Licensing Policy
- 207. Risk Management
- 208. Travel
- 209. Fund Raising
- 210. Systemwide Financial Reserves
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 8.201 Executive Policy 8.201
Cash Management And Short-Term Investment of Operating Funds
Executive Policy Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Executive Policy EP 8.201, Cash Management And Short-Term Investment of Operating Funds
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: March 2000; July 1998
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 8.202, Designation of Depositories, Checks and Vouchers and RP 8.207, Short-term Investments
Review Date: August 2018
To plan, manage and control the collection of revenues and the disbursements of funds so as to maximize the pool of temporarily idle cash.
To invest available idle cash to maximize yields while maintaining adequate security and liquidity in investments permitted under Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §36-21, short term investment of state moneys.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
A. The University shall assure the safekeeping of idle cash, and make full use of idle cash through an effective short-term investment program that will produce maximum returns.
C. All University personnel responsible for financial management shall provide for the expeditious billing, collection and deposit of funds due to the University. Concurrently, disbursements shall be controlled so as to maximize the pool of cash from which short-term investments can be made.
E. Idle cash from all operating funds shall be pooled and invested by the Treasury Office. Interest earned shall be prorated based on average daily cash balances.
F. Temporary idle cash shall be fully invested to obtain maximum yield consistent with safety, liquidity and diversification.
G. Short-term investments of operating funds shall be made in accordance with HRS 36-21.
H. Investments shall only be made with a financial institution chartered and licensed in the State of Hawai‘i as defined by HRS 412.
I. Collateralization of savings and checking accounts and certificates of deposit shall be required for all investments exceeding the maximum amount of federal deposit insurance.
IV. Delegation of Authority
Responsibility and authority for the management of short-term investments of operating funds is delegated to the Senior Vice President for Budget and Finance/CFO or designee.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer at 956-8903
UH Treasury Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
A. HRS 36-21as amended - http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol01_Ch0001-0042F/HRS0036/HRS_0036-0021.htm
B. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
C. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.