UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- 201. Systemwide Policies and Procedures
- 203. Emergency Management
- 210. Use and Management of Information Technology Resources
- 211. University Leadership Orientation
- 212. Management of University Bond System (UBS)
- 213. System and Campus Wide Electronic Channels for Communicating with Students
- 214. Institutional Data Classification Categories and Information Security Guidelines
- 215. Institutional Data Governance
- 216. Institutional Records Management and Electronic Approvals/Signatures
- 217. HIPAA Policy
- 218. Online Approvals of Internal University Transactions
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 2.211 Executive Policy 2.211
University Leadership Orientation
Executive Policy Chapter 2, Administration
Executive Policy EP 2.211, University Leadership Orientation
Effective Date: October 2014
Prior Dates Amended: September 2001
Responsible Office: Vice President for Administration
Governing Board of Regents Policy RP 9.212 Executive and Managerial Personnel Policies
Review Date: August 2017
The University leadership orientation is intended to enhance the potential of new University executive and managerial employees to succeed in their positions and to ensure their understanding of their role as academic and administrative leaders as it relates to the University’s strategic plans, visions, goals, missions, policies and procedures. It is incumbent that the orientation imbue new E/M employees with the academic and collegial support to effectively function in the University of Hawai'i's administrative context.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
1. To emphasize that all newly appointed University executive and managerial employees shall be provided an orientation program on their role and responsibilities as well as the University administration and academic context.
2. To establish that it shall be the responsibility of the respective Chancellors to coordinate with system offices to provide the orientation.
1. Chancellors shall ensure that new E/Ms are provided sufficient contextual information so as to better understand their roles and responsibilities. This information should include strategic plans, visions, goals and objectives.
2. A briefing on administrative policies and procedures should be sufficient to provide the new executive and managerial employees with an overview of University policies and procedures.
C. The content should include, but not be limited to:
1. Governance: Board policies, Board approval requirements, statutory requirements, collective bargaining requirements, executive policies;
2. University strategic plans and policies;
3. Program budget and organization: budget preparation and execution cycle, program requests, allocations and adjustments, organizational structure, reorganizations;
4. Fiscal: purchasing, policies, delegated authority, procedures;
5. Human resources: collective bargaining and labor relations, categories of employees, recruitment procedures, compensation policies and procedures, services from Research Corporation of the University of Hawai'i, delegated authority;
6. Travel: in-state and out-of-state policies and procedures;
7. Research and training grants and contracts: policies and procedures;
8. Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and Americans with Disability Act Policies and Procedures;
9. Academic and faculty affairs policies and procedures;
10. Legal affairs;
11. Student affairs policies and procedures; and
12. University and community relations
D. Briefings shall be completed within a reasonable time following assumption of duties and responsibilities.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Administration
firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 956-6405
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.