UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Executive Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Procedures (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived AP
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Administrative Procedure 8.806 Administrative Procedure 8.806
Roles and Responsibilities for Payment Transaction Processing
Administrative Procedure Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Administrative Procedure AP 8.806, Roles and Responsibilities for Payment Transaction Processing
Effective Date: May 2016
Prior Dates Amended: February 1997, March 2007
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board and/or Executive Policy: EP 1.102, Authority to Manage and Control the Operations of the Campus
Review Date: August 2018
To define the roles and responsibilities associated with processing payment transactions.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Administrative Procedure
1. Campus/department office initiates disbursement vouchers and employee reimbursement payments. The campus/department office is responsible for compliance with the procedures specified herein and applicable procurement procedures. The campus/department office must ensure propriety and legality of the payments.
2. Fiscal Administrators and program managers (approving authority / account supervisor) who approve the payment transaction are responsible for compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and University policies and procedures. The Fiscal Administrators and program managers are also responsible for reviewing the expenditure to ensure that only appropriate transactions have been charged against accounts within their purview.
3. The Disbursing Office is responsible to ensure that all disbursement voucher and employee reimbursement payments have passed an appropriate final review to ensure compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and University policies and procedures and are processed in a timely manner. The
Disbursing Office is responsible for initiating payment requests associated with purchase orders/contracts.
1. Campus/Department Office
a. Complete pertinent supporting documents as appropriate.
b. Route disbursement vouchers and employee reimbursements to program manager for approval.
2. Program Manager (Approving Authority / Account Supervisor)
a. Ensure that the requests are appropriate and valid for the funding sources.
3. Fiscal Administrators and Business Office
a. Review and approve department disbursement vouchers, payment requests and employee reimbursements. Ensure that all transactions are proper, legal, and in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and University policies and procedures.
b. Ensure that all required forms, supports, justifications, and approvals are maintained in office files as required by Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and University policies and procedures.
c. Transmit all disbursement voucher and employee reimbursement payments to Disbursing for processing.
d. Approve payment requests for purchase order/contract within the Fiscal Administrators approving authority. For final payments, departments should indicate final payment on the invoice to ensure the vendor has a certificate of compliance as stipulated in Section 103D-310, Hawaii Revised Statutes.
4. Disbursing Office
a. Performs final pre-audit review with respect to the legality, propriety and proper authority on all disbursement voucher and employee reimbursement payments.
b. Initiates payment requests associated with purchase orders/contracts.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no administrative specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Disbursing Office, 956-8575, or email@example.com
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
May 16, 2016
TopicsNo Topics found.