2013 Informational Briefings
This page contains testimony presented at informational briefings during the 2013 Legislative Session by the University of Hawaii.
Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.
Informational Briefing to provide the Senate and House Education committees with an update on the progress of development and use of the Statewide Longitudinal Data System. (January 14, 2013 at 2:00pm)
House Committee on Finance Budget Briefing (January 15, 2013 at 1:30pm)
- Briefing Testimony 3.58 MB PDF
Senate Committee on Ways and Means Budget Briefing (January 17, 2013 at 1:30pm)
- Briefing Testimony 3.48 MB PDF
Senate Committees on Ways and Means and Higher Education requested the Board of Regents to present information on salaries and compensation inclusive of the following (February 1, 2013 at 9:00am):
- Policies and processes used to determine salaries;
- Salaries of highly compensated positions;
- Types of compensation and benefits awarded other than salary; and
- Employee contract buyouts
Senate Committees on Ways and Means and Higher Education requested the Board of Regents to present information on tuition inclusive of the following (February 5, 2013 at 9:00am):
- Policies and processes used to set tuition;
- Tuition schedules from 2006 to 2017;
- Amounts of revenue the tuition increases from 2006 to 2017 have and will provide the university;
- Policies and processes used to determine how to allocate and spend existing and incremental increases in tuition revenue; and
- The use of tuition revenue increases received for the past 6 years and the projected use of expected increases under the current tuition escalation schedule.
- Linda K. Johnsrud, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost 884 KB PDF
- Howard Todo, Vice President for Budget and Finance/CFO 1.21 MB PDF
Senate Committees on Economic Development, Government Operations & Housing and Technology & the Arts and the House Committee on Economic Development & Business informational briefing covering the topic of a general use transpacific fiber optic submarine cable to travel through Hawaii. (March 13, 2013 at 1:00pm)