Hamilton Library open 24 hours during December final exam weekUniversity of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Events & Communications Coordinator, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Need a good quiet place to study on campus during exam week? How about Hamilton and Sinclair Library? As a result of student requests at the Campus-Wide Conversation with Chancellor Tom Apple, Hamilton Library will be open 24 hours for the five days of exam week beginning on December 9 at noon through Friday December 14 at 6:00 p.m. The purpose is to provide safe and secure study areas and gathering spaces for students to work on projects and study for exams.
The following measures will be followed to provide security for patrons in the library during exam week:
1) Patrons without valid UH IDs will have to leave the Library at 9:00 pm which is the same policy in effect at Sinclair Library.
2) You must have your valid UH ID to enter the Library (Sinclair and Hamilton) between 9:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
3) Closed areas of Hamilton Library will include the Science Technology Addition and the floors with Asia, Hawai'i and the Pacific Collections (4th & 5th floors) from 9:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
4) Study rooms will be locked at 10:00 p.m. and students will need to move to the open common areas on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors to study.
5) The Circulation and Reference Desks will be closed from 10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
As a mahalo to Chancellor Apple's efforts to secure funding for extended hours, please show your support of this initiative and use the Library during exam week. The usage will be monitored and if there are not enough patrons in Hamilton Library, the hours will be reduced during the next exam week in May 2013.
For more information, check the building hours online at: http://library.manoa.hawaii.edu/about/hours.html#finals or call (808) 956-7203.