UH-AUW softball tourney coming to Les Murakami Stadium on Friday, October 8University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Posted: Oct. 1, 2010
UH Mānoa will defend its title at the 2010 University of Hawai‘i – Aloha United Way (AUW) Softball Tournament on Friday, October 8, at the Les Murakami Stadium, in support of the 2010 AUW O‘ahu Campaign.
The UH Mānoa team will play against other teams from the UH System, Honolulu Community College, Kapi‘olani Community College, Leeward Community College, Windward Community College, UH West O‘ahu, and an AUW team in the fifth annual softball tournament.
Stadium doors will open at 4:30 p.m., and the first game will start at 5:10 p.m.
The team captain for this year’s UH Mānoa team is Francisco Hernandez, Vice Chancellor for Students. UH Mānoa team members include:
- James Caron, Professor, English Department, College of Languages, Linguistics and Literature
- Reid Igawa, Marketing Coordinator, Auxiliary Enterprises
- Michelle Isa, Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education
- Coren Kajioka, Staff Counselor, Counseling & Student Development Center, Student Affairs
- Tim Merrill, Program Officer, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Ed Schell, Lecturer, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
- John Stanley, Institutional Analyst, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Kyle Tateishi, Women’s Equipment Manager, Athletics Department
- Stanford Togashi, Information Technology Specialist, Pacific Biosciences Research Center
- Dee Wisneski, Assistant Softball Coach, Athletics Department
- Kelsy Yoshimura, Assistant Ticket Manager, Athletics Department
- Jason Yoshino, Staff Counselor, Counseling & Student Development Center, Student Affairs
For more information, visit the AUW Softball Tournament website at: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/op/auw/. Parking is free in the lower campus parking structure (an event parking pass is available on the Tournament website), the concession stands will be open for business, and there will be door prize opportunities.