UH Manoa Chancellor appoints selection committee for new football coachUniversity of Hawaiʻi
HONOLULU - The members of the selection committee for the new head football coach at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa were announced today by Mānoa Chancellor Virginia S. Hinshaw.
"We will move quickly to select the best possible candidate to serve as our Head Football Coach. The new coach must be someone who can lead a smooth transition for current team members, who appreciates the special connection between UH athletics and the people of Hawai‘i, and who will continue to produce successful student-athletes," said Chancellor Hinshaw.
"The members of the selection committee were chosen for their understanding of the relationship between UH athletics and our community," she said.
Committee Co-Chairs will be Associate Athletics Director Carl Clapp and Chancellor Hinshaw. Other members are:
· Tony Guerrero, Chair of Ahahui Koa Anuenue and Vice Chair of First Hawaiian Bank
· Debra Ishii, Executive Assistant to the Chancellor, UHM
· Adam Leonard, UHM student-athlete and football team member
· Dee Jay Mailer, CEO of the Kamehameha Schools
· Peter Nicholson, UHM Professor and Faculty Athletics Representative
· John K. Tsui, Chair of Towne Realty Development and former President and Chief Operating Officer of First Hawaiian Bank
· Artie Wilson, Partner and Realtor, Prudential Locations
The committee will meet early next week. The current advertisement for the position of Head Football Coach can be found at http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?8847.
For more information, visit: http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?8847