A UH Innovation Conference
October 28, 2022
Water has always been our most precious resource and recent events have highlighted how fragile this lifeline can be. Combined with Hawai‘i’s geographic isolation, it is especially important to develop resilient and sustainable practices to ensure that future generations can safely live, work and play in the islands. As the state’s largest research institution, the University of Hawai‘i (UH) has an obligation to help improve the quality of life for our residents and to those around the world though innovative
research and education.
Water Resilience in Hawai‘i creates an opportunity for further collaboration between UH and its industry and community partners to engage in meaningful partnerships to solve these challenges, while promoting economic stability and viability in Hawai‘i.
- Roger Babcock, Director, Environmental Services, City and County of Honolulu
- Kamanamaikalani Beamer, Professor, Hui ʻĀina Momona Program, William S. Richardson School of Law, UH Mānoa
- Kamuela Enos, Director, Office of Indigenous Innovation, UH System
- Thomas Giambelluca, Director, Water Resources Research Center, UH Mānoa
- Major Gen. Mark A. Hashimoto, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander of U.S. Indo-Pacific Command
- Aurora Kagawa-Viviani, Asst. Professor, Water Resources Research Center, UH Mānoa; Commission on Water Resource Management, State of Hawai‘i
- M. Kaleo Manuel, Deputy Director, Commission on Water Resource Management, State of Hawai‘i
- Dana Okano, Program Director, Hawai‘i Community Foundation
- Joseph Pickard, President, Community Planning & Engineering, Inc.
- D. Kapuaʻala Sproat, Professor/Director, Ka Huli Ao Center for Excellence in Native Hawaiian Law, William S. Richardson School of Law, UH Mānoa
- Vassilis L. Syrmos, Vice President for Research and Innovation, UH System
- Tara Sutton, Undergraduate Student/Member, University of Hawai‘i Red Hill Task Force
- Donald Thomas, Sr. Researcher/Co-Founder, Hawai‘i Groundwater & Geothermal Research Center, UH Mānoa
- Lauren Roth Venu, Principal, Roth Ecological Design, Int. LLC
- Tao Yan, Professor, Civil Engineering, UH Mānoa
- George Yarbrough, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programs Director, UH Office of Innovation and Commercialization
- And more…
- Emcee: Moanikeʻala Nabarro, Spokesperson, UH Communications