This FREE workshop is sponsored by the University of Hawai‘i Information Technology Service Cyberinfrastructure group and Hawai‘i Data Science Institute (HI-DSI)
This workshop focuses on foundations and essentials of scientific software.
Attendees will learn how to use the Unix command line for navigating Linux environments like Mana, command line git and GitHub for software version control and GitHub pages for sharing your science.
- Have an account on Mana
- MFA/DUO enabled on your UH Account: https://www.hawaii.edu/its/uhlogin/
- Be able to connect to the workshop in Zoom and Mana Open OnDemand via a web browser
- Have a GitHub account
By the end of this workshop attendees will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of using the shell to navigate a Linux environment
- Have a basic understanding of using git on the command line
- Have a basic understanding of using git with GitHub and GitHub pages
Tools Used for this workshop
- Open OnDemand