- About Us
- Contact Us
Procedure for Visiting Scholars
- EALL accepts applications for Visiting Scholars/Associates but does not provide any resources (such as clerical support, office, telephone, Xeroxing, and computer/printing facilities).
- Applicants must have an EALL faculty sponsor whose responsibility it is to assist with communication/logistical issues. Therefore, individual EALL faculty should not sponsor more than 2 Visiting Scholars per academic year.
- Visiting Scholars must apply directly to the Chair by submitting an one-page description of their research project while at UHM, an updated CV with a list of publications, and proof of financial support. The Chair forwards these documents to program/section faculty for determination of the applicant’s scholarly legitimacy, and to the EC (Executive Committee) for final approval by vote.
- As a rule, EALL will accept no more than 2 Visiting Scholars per semester.
- Applications are reviewed twice a year and must be received by March 4 for the fall semester, and September 2 for following spring semester.