- About Us
- Contact Us
Five of the following courses must be taken:
- KOR 301-302 Third-Level Korean (3-3 cr.) (Pre: 202 for 301; 301 for 302)
- KOR 307 Readings in Chinese Characters (3) (Pre: 202)
- KOR 401-402 Fourth-Level Korean (3-3 cr.) (Pre: 302 for 401; 401 for 402)
- KOR 403-404 High-Advanced Korean I-II (3-3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 420 Korean Composition (3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 421-422 Media Analysis in Korean I-II (3-3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 451, 452 Structure of Korean (3) (Pre: 302)
- KOR 308 (pre: KOR 307 or consent)
- KOR 380 (pre: KOR 302 or consent)
- EALL 384 Modern Korean Women Writers and Culture (3) (Pre: 282)
- KOR 425 Selected Readings in Korean (3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 493 Introduction to Traditional Korean Literature (3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 494 Introduction to Modern Korean Literature (3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 470 Language and Culture of Korea (3) (Pre: 402)
- KOR 480 Korean Oral Proficiency through Film (3) (Pre: 402)
- All five courses must be taken for a letter grade, and must be passed with a grade of “C” or better. In addition, the GPA for the five courses together must be 3.0 or higher.
- All courses must be taken within the University of Hawaii system (with at least three taken at UH-Manoa), or else through a study abroad or exchange program which is directly administered by an official UH-Manoa organ (e.g., the Study Abroad Center, the Center for Korean Studies, etc.) and which is officially recognized by the Korean Section of UH-Manoa’s Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures.
After completing the above requirements, to receive the certificate you can submit an application to the office in Moore Hall, room 378. Application forms are available in the office or you may download and print the form yourself.