Systemwide Events Calendar
Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother BertramJanuary 17, 2014 - May 16, 2014
Manoa Campus, Hamilton Library Alcove
Brother Gabriel Bertram Bellinghausen was a Marianist community director sent from Dayton, Ohio to help establish Catholic Education in Hawai’i and later became the first Marianist principal of Saint Louis College, currently known as Saint Louis School. His collection of photos covers the period 1883 – 1905.
Brother Bellinghausen’s hobby was photography. He took photos “that documented slices of everyday life during a time when the Hawaiian Kingdom was n the threshold of annexation by the United States.” This valuable collection of photos has been digitized and can be viewed on the Ulukau website under Wings/Photography:
This exhibit is on loan from the Chaminade University Library. It was developed by Dr. Al Lum for Chaminade’s 50th Anniversary in 2005.
Mahalo to Dr. Lum (Historian), Darrell Asato (Designer), and Sharon LaPage (Librarian) for their help with this traveling exhibit.
Free & open to public during building hours
Library Services, Manoa Campus
|Tuesday, April 22|
|10:00am||Earth Day - West O`ahu Week
West O'ahu Campus, West O`ahu Campus
|10:00am||East Asian Lang & Lit (Japanese) Oral Finals
Manoa Campus, Moore Hall 155A
Manoa Campus, St. John Auditiorium (St. John, Room 011)
|3:00pm||Finalist for Director, HIGP: Rhett Butler
Manoa Campus, POST Building 723
|3:00pm||Building An Ecosystem Service Tool to Support Ridge-to-Reef Management
Manoa Campus, MSB 100
|5:00pm||Financing Life: Renting an Apartment
Manoa Campus, Campus Center 307
Leeward Campus, LCC Waianae Room 1
|7:30pm||Hawaii Space Lecture Series
Manoa Campus, Pacific Ocean Science and Technology (POST) 544
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- UH West Oʻahu University Band Debut Concert