Systemwide Events Calendar
Waikiki Parc Features Tonia MorenoMarch 6, 2014 - May 30, 2014
Parc Promenade Gallery, Waikiki Parc Hotel, 2233 Helemoa Road, Waikiki
Tonia Moreno's glass sculptures "Aura’s Whisper" and "Milk and Metal" are featured in a new exhibition as part of an expanded arts partnership of the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa (UHM), the Halekulani, and its sister hotel, the Waikiki Parc.
Moreno is the third of the up-and-coming young artists from UHM to be highlighted in a solo exhibition at the Parc Promenade Gallery at the Waikiki Parc Hotel.
“The transformative qualities of glass and the endless possibilities in color, texture, and form make working with glass unique and intriguing,” said Moreno who earned a BFA degree with a focus in glass from UHM in 2013. She presented a solo exhibition at the Lyon Arboretum, 2012, and was included in "Hawaii's Modern Masters" at Luxury Row in 2013.
Reception: Thursday, March 6, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Parc Promenade Gallery
Image: detail of "Milk and Metal" by Tonia Moreno, courtesy of the artist.
Hours: Operational hours of the hotel. Admission is free. Parking fees may apply.
Art and Art History, Manoa Campus
Sharon Tasaka, 956-6888, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Wednesday, March 26|
|6:30pm||The Act of Killing
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- HI Pride T-Shirt Contest