Call for nominations of Honors facultyMarch 8, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Mānoa Campus, 2425 Campus Road
The University of Hawai`i at Mānoa Honors Program is pleased to announce a call for nominations of Honors Faculty. Nominations are open to regular faculty with excellent records of research and teaching.
We have two to three positions open and would be particularly interested in faculty from the natural sciences. Individuals nominated and selected will be invited to teach at least one course in the Honors Program each semester for up to two academic years beginning Fall 2013.
Successful Honors Faculty nominees will:
· Teach excellent, highly motivated UH Mānoa Honors students actively involved in research
· Explore topics of their choice, and related directly to their research, scholarly pursuits, or creative projects in Honors seminars
· Receive support in the form of one or more course “buy-outs” each semester to replace teaching of regular courses in their home department
· Be awarded a research/travel stipend of $3,000 annually
Please provide nominations to Jennifer Custodio (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 8, 2013. Nominations should include the following:
· Current curriculum vitae
· Evidence of excellence in teaching
· Endorsement from the nominee’s Department Chair
Self-nominations are welcome.
For more information, please visit our webpage: http://honors.hawaii.edu/faculty/honors-faculty-cohort.html
Please contact Jennifer Custodio (email@example.com/808-956-8391) if you have any questions or concerns.
Honors Program, Mānoa Campus
Jennifer Custodio, 956-8391, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.honors.hawaii.edu/faculty/honors-faculty-cohort.html