Faculty: I forgot my password. What should I do?
Please remember that your password is case-sensitive (i.e. this password Pa$sT3!E is not the same as pa$st3!e).
If you do not remember your password or it is not working, you may be able to set a new password over the Web. When your UH Username was activated, you were asked to select two questions and provide answers to these two questions. If you know the answers to these two questions, you may visit the UH Username Management page and select the Forgot Your Password link to set a new password.
You may visit any campus representative and show an official government issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport). They will assist you. The new password could take up to 5 minutes before it is ready to be used.
By File Drop or By Fax
Documents that you will need to provide for File Drop or fax if on campus:
- One official government issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport)
- Subject: Requesting UH Username password change
- Legal Name (first, middle, last) of account holder
- UH Username of account holder
- UH Number of account holder
- Month and day of date of birth
- Campus telephone number of account holder
File Drop copies of the required documents to email@example.com OR fax copies of the required documents to the ITS Help Desk (808) 956-2108 along with a campus telephone number where you can be contacted with the new password.
Faculty out-of-state, abroad, or those with medical hardships
Faculty who are out of state, abroad, or otherwise unable to fax in their request from a campus fax machine should ask their department to file drop or fax a copy of the SAMPLE MEMO with your information (Legal name (first, middle, last), UH Number, UH Username, and month and day of date of birth). In addition, the request must include a phone number for the requester (not the department) and the memo must be signed by the department's dean or director. This memo should then be faxed to the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-2108.
File Drop Procedures
Memos must be signed by Dean/Director/Department Chair in ink, scanned, then sent via File Drop.
- Request must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org as recipient.
- Authentication must be enabled; it is disabled by default.
- The comment/description section should include the user's name, reason for the request, and the SIMP ticket number.
- The comment/description section should NOT include any personal identifying information such as UH number or MM/DD of date of birth.
- Go to https://www.hawaii.edu/filedrop to file drop the signed memo.