Megan J. Donahue
Visit Megan Donahue’s Web page
- Tel: (808) 236-7417
- Fax: (808) 236-7443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology
- PO Box 1106
- Kane‘ohe, HI 96734
- Ph.D. 2003, Ecology, University of California, Davis
- B.S. 1995, Cybernetics, University of California, Los Angeles
- Spatial population dynamics; marine community ecology; integration of theory and data using likelihood methods; habitat selection; scaling of ecological processes
- Download Publications (MS Word document, updated 08/31/2011)
- Donahue MJ, Desharnais RA, Robles CD, Arriola P. 2011. Spatially-mediated predator-prey dynamics: bifurcating equilibria as a mechanism for intertidal zonation. The American Naturalist. In press.
- Robles CD, RA Desharnais, C Garza, MJ Donahue. 2010. Landscape patterns in boundary intensity: a case study in mussel beds. Landscape Ecology. 25: 745-759.
- Donahue MJ, AM Nichols*, CA Santamaria*, PE League-Pike*, CJ Krediet*, KO Perez*, and MJ Shulman. 2009. Predation risk, prey abundance, and the vertical distribution of three brachyuran crabs on Gulf of Maine shores. Journal of Crustacean Biology. 29(4): 523-531.
- *Krediet CJ and MJ Donahue. 2009. Growth-mortality trade-offs along a depth gradient in Cancer borealis. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology & Ecology. 373: 133-139.
- Jayewardene D, MJ Donahue, C Birkeland. 2009. Effects of frequent fish predation on corals in Hawaii. Coral Reefs. 28(2): 499-506.
- Robles CD, RA Desharnais, C Garza, MJ Donahue, and CA Martinez. 2009. Complex equilibria in the maintenance of boundaries: Experiments with mussel beds. Ecology. 90(4): 985-995.
- Donahue MJ and CT Lee. 2008. Colonization. In Sven Erik Jørgensen and Brian D. Fath, eds, General Ecology. Vol.  of Encyclopedia of Ecology, 5 vols. pp. 672-678 Oxford: Elsevier.
- *Wood CL, JE Byers, KL Cottingham, I Altman, MJ Donahue, and A Blakeslee. 2007. Parasites alter community structure. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.104: 9335-9339.
- *Eastwood, ME, MJ Donahue, and AE Fowler*. 2007. Reconstructing effects of past biological invasions: invasive predators and competitors and niche shifts in the New England intertidal community. Biological Invasions 9: 297-307.
- Donahue, MJ. 2006. Conspecific cueing and growth-mortality tradeoffs jointly lead to conspecific attraction. Oecologia. 149: 33-43.
- Chesson P, MJ Donahue, B Melbourne, and AL Sears. 2005. Scale transition theory for understanding mechanisms in metacommunities. In M. Holyoak, M. Leibold, and R. Holt, editors. Metacommunties: spatial dynamics and ecological communities.
- Melbourne B, AL Sears, MJ Donahue, and P Chesson. 2005. Applying scale transition theory to metacommunities in the field. In M. Holyoak, M. Leibold, and R. Holt, editors. Metacommunties: spatial dynamics and ecological communities.
- Donahue MJ. 2004. Size-dependent competition in a gregarious porcelain crab Petrolisthes cinctipes (Anomura: Porcellanidae). Marine Ecology Progress Series. 267: 196-207.
- Donahue MJ, M Holyoak, and C Feng*. 2003. Patterns of dispersal and dynamics among habitat patches varying in quality. The American Naturalist. 162: 302-317.
[ Top of the page ]