UH Interim President to address Rotary Club of Honolulu todayUniversity of Hawaiʻi
Dir of Communications, External Affairs and University Relations
Alice Tucker, (808) 227-7875Program Chair , Rotary Club of Honolulu
WHAT: In his first major public address since assuming the presidency of the 10-campus University of Hawai'i System on an interim basis in September, University of Hawai'i Interim President David Lassner will be keynote speaker at today's meeting of the Rotary Club of Honolulu.
Among the topics Lassner will be discussing:
- His new role as interim president and a behind-the-scenes look at what it's like to sit at the helm of a $1.5 billion dollar a year enterprise.
- The Board of Regents' charge to him as Interim President and what will be expected of the next permanent president.
- The steps UH has taken to re-establish trust with the community after last year's failed concert fundraiser for UH Manoa athletics and senate investigative hearings.
- The search for the next UH president.
- And what he envisions in the coming months and years for one of Hawaii's most important institutions.
WHEN: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
12:25pm speech and Q&A
WHERE: Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Monarch Room
2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Waikiki
WHO: David Lassner, Interim President, University of Hawaii System
Addressing the Rotary Club of Honolulu
Bio available at: http://www.hawaii.edu/admin/executives/president.html
Members of the News Media are invited to attend and cover the remarks.