Ho'okele Na'auao: a Hawaiian Librarianship SymposiumSeptember 26, 10:00am - 8:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Halau o Haumea, Kamakakuokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies, 2645 Dole Street, Honolulu
Nā Hawaiʻi ʻImi Loa in collaboration with Laka me Lono Resource Center at Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies and University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Library and Information Science Program would like to invite you to Hoʻokele Naʻauao: A Hawaiian Librarianship Symposium. Please join us on Thursday, September 26 for a forum to promote Hawaiian stewardship practices in libraries and archives. This symposium will feature Library and Information Science professionals from Hawaiʻi, America, and Aotearoa.
Schedule of Events:
Session I: Welina me Mākaʻikaʻi Hale Waihona Puke (@ Hamilton Library)
- 10:00 a.m. - Opening & Welcome
- 10:20 a.m. - Behind-the-scenes Tour of the Hawaiian & Pacific Collections
- Break to walk or catch campus shuttle to Kamakakuokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies where remainder of symposium will be held.
Session II: Kuhikuhi Pono: No Kākou Ke Kuleana, Na Kākou E Mālama
- 11:30 a.m. - Light lunch for participants
- 12:00 p.m. - Hawaii Resources Online
- 1:00 p.m. - Preserving Our Stories
- 2:00 p.m. - Application of Hawaiian Perspectives and Values
- 3:00 p.m. - Native Leaders in Library and Information Science
Session III: I Paʻa Ke Kahua
- 4:00 p.m. - Hawaiian dinner for participants
- 5:00 p.m. - Integration of Hawaiian Values
- 6:00 p.m. - Models of Indigenous Librarian Associations
- 7:00 p.m. - Creation of a Native Hawaiian Librarian Association
A complete program along with speaker bios is available on the HN symposium website: http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/hshk/kamakakuokalani/hookele/
Sponsored through a UH Diversity and Equity Initiative Grant and the Gladys Brandt Chair in Polynesian Studies Grant.
Na Hawai'i 'Imi Loa, Waihona o Laka me Lono at Kamakakuokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies, and the Library & Information Science Program, Mānoa Campus
Na Hawai'i 'Imi Loa, 956-0589, email@example.com, http://manoa.hawaii.edu/hshk/kamakakuokalani/hookele/