Systemwide Events Calendar
Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian CultureJanuary 18, 2014 - February 22, 2014
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd.
Aloha mai kākou! This fun class will focus on aspects of Hawaiian culture while incorporating values, mele (songs and chants), Native Hawaiian plants, land tenure, crafts, games, and ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i (Hawaiian language). Children will learn about Native Hawaiian plants and their traditional uses including their cultural significance and medicinal uses. Hawaiian language and culture come to life in Mānoa valley. Experience fun and learning. E hele mai! For keiki in (suggested) grades 4-6. Class meets 6 Saturdays: 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22. Preregistration required. Call 988-0456 to register.
$100 for 6 classes
Lyon Arboretum, Manoa Campus
|Wednesday, January 29|
|9:45am||VL - Breathing and Chi Kung (2 of 4)
Windward Campus, Hale Kuhina 115
|1:30pm||Note Taking Strategies
Maui Campus, The Learning Center
Manoa Campus, MSB 114
Manoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building, MSB 100
|5:00pm||Family Happy Hour
Manoa Campus, Manoa Gardens/Bale Restaurant
|6:00pm||ASUH General Senate Meeting
Manoa Campus, Campus Center 310
|6:00pm||Clutter Free for Life - Understanding the Basics (Part I)
Windward Campus, Hale Kuhina 106
|6:30pm||Celebrating Tết and Chinese New Year!
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies
|7:00pm||Exploring the Reef at Night
2777 Kalakaua Avenue
Manoa Campus, Earle Ernst Lab Theatre
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- Diversity and Equity Initiatives
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian Culture
- SALAMANCA, SPAIN! -Applications now being accepted for faculty led summer study
- EXTRA! EXTRA! Hawaii Digital Newspapers display at Hamilton Library!
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- "Subconscious Layers" by Chris Michael
- 2014 MFA Thesis Exhibitions
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement