Systemwide Events Calendar
OIV & Prezi Workshop - Learn about some new tools for presenting imagesJanuary 31, 11:30am - 12:30pm
Manoa Campus, Hamilton Library Addition A156
This workshop consists of demonstration and hands-on session of two powerful alternatives to PowerPoint. It is open to students, faculty and staff at UH Manoa. Participants are encouraged to use one of the computers in the room, or bring their own laptop. The OIV (Offline Image Viewer) is a free presentation tool available to all students, faculty and staff at UH Manoa. It can be downloaded from ARTstor (an image database included in the library's electronic resources). Its features include: 1) Zoom-in/out and pan images while giving presentations; 2) Use high-quality images for showing details; and 3) Use ARTstor images and save time of copying and pasting data.
Prezi (http://prezi.com) is an unconventional presentation software that has been gaining popularity in the past few years, and it's free to everyone. Its most unique feature is a zoomable canvas, which enables making presentations more interactive and conversational. Unique transitioning features such as spinning, moving up or down and zooming also allow users to create a virtual white board for sharing ideas or an online portfolio.
Department of Art and Art History, Manoa Campus
Kanako Iwase, Visual Resources Librarian, (808) 956-8239, email@example.com
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Scholarships Available!
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- Diversity and Equity Initiative Grants for Spring 2013
- 35th Annual Graduate Art Exhibition
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Biggest Loser Challenge Sign-Up
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan