Systemwide Events Calendar
He Hali'a No Aloha Jon: Memories of Aloha for Jon Markham Van DykeJanuary 31, 8:30am - 4:00pm
Manoa Campus, William S. Richardson School of Law
Guided by Professor Jon Van Dyke’s interests and passions, this symposium tribute will feature engaging panel discussions with some of the world’s most renowned legal scholars.
Topics will include: Strategies for Peaceful Resolutions in the Northeast Asian Seas, Climate Change and Sea Level Rise, International Nuclear Law, Human Rights in Asia, Indigenous Tradition and Custom in Decision Making, and the Development of the Rights of Indigenous People.
Join us as we bring the local and international legal community together in an educational and academic tribute to a most inspirational and beloved professor, mentor, friend, and colleague.
Wednesday, Jan. 30, 5:30 to 8 p.m.: Welcome Reception at Aliiolani Hale at the Hawaii Supreme Court. Thursday, Jan. 31 and Friday, Feb. 1, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Symposium Sessions at the William S. Richardson School of Law, 2515 Dole Street, in Classroom 2.
Visit www.hawaii.edu/lawreview/symposium to register and for more information. Support the Jon Van Dyke Memorial Institute by making donations online at www.uhfoundation.org/JonVanDykeFund.
Cost is free to all attendees. Online registration is required.
William S. Richardson School of Law, Jon Van Dyke Institute of Intl. Law and Justice, East-West Center, School of Pac. and Asian Studies, C. for Korean Studies, Manoa Campus
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Scholarships Available!
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- Diversity and Equity Initiative Grants for Spring 2013
- 35th Annual Graduate Art Exhibition
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Biggest Loser Challenge Sign-Up
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan